If you are using a Garmin GPS device, then you must make yourself aware of Garmin Express, which is a software used for updating maps and software of your Garmin GPS device. But, before you do so, you need to download Garmin Express from www Garmin com Express website.
- It is possible to install the cartography on the computer, on the GPS, or the computer and the GPS simultaneously. Be careful with the “Computer only” option, as Garmin Express will not copy realistic panels or files needed for voice control. Choose GPS and computer in this case
- If the memory is sufficient, the map will be installed completely in the internal memory of the device or on the memory card if the previous update had been carried out on the memory card
- If there is not enough space, Garmin Express will offer to choose a smaller region. You can check the option “Use map with Garmin BaseCamp” to have the complete map installed on the computer for use with BaseCamp or MapSource. This will eventually allow you to copy another region to a memory card that you will buy later. Do not buy any memory cards. Check compatibility for your Garmin GPS model.
- Selecting a region (partial map coverage) should be done only for models that do not have the Voice Command feature
- Remove the memory card before launching Garmin Express for the installation of a region (part of the complete mapping) in the internal memory. Otherwise, Garmin Express update maps will automatically be installed on the memory card if the internal space is insufficient or if the latest update is on the memory card.
- In other cases (if you have a memory card), you may have to choose “Use memory card (recommended)” or “Choose region”
- You can install other regions from MapSource or BaseCamp
- It is possible to “change maps” with the latest versions of Garmin Express. Just click on “Card Options”
- Note that Garmin Express is also used for installing new applications on devices compatible with Garmin Connect IQ