These days the construction industry has seen increased demand in the cladding, also known as the siding. This is a process that involves coating the external walls of the construction with other materials that serve a variety of aesthetic and functional purposes. a variety of materials that can be used in the cladding including wood, plastic (vinyl), metal or faux stone and brick.
The application of wood siding may involve the use of redwood, cedar, wood shingles, or sheet of plywood, while the application of metal siding can use galvanized steel or aluminium.
Metal wall and metal cladding are commonly used to:
- Creates a controlled environment inside the building
- Provide protection for the building of a number of external conditions and factors
- Provide a higher level of privacy for residents
- Prevent excess noise transmission
- Provide thermal insulation for buildings
- Creating an external facade that is easy on the eyes
- Preventing the spread of fire in case of emergency
- Generate an 'airtight' envelope for buildings
- Provides a number of openings for access, daylight and ventilation
The main purpose of cladding is, of course, to offer protection to the building. Cladding helps increase the structural strength, increases the resistance to cracking, sunlight and pollution, and reduces water absorption. Cladding is also effective protection against moulds, strong winds, and the rain. It is like an extra shield protecting the building from adverse conditions outside.